再别康桥

Farewell Cambridge

轻轻的我走了,

Gently I depart,

正如我轻轻的来;

Just as I came gently;

我轻轻的招手,

I wave my hand softly,

作别西天的云彩。

Bidding farewell to the clouds in the western sky.

那河畔的金柳,

The golden willows by the riverbank,

是夕阳中的新娘;

Are the brides in the setting sun;

波光里的艳影,

The enchanting reflections in the waves,

在我的心头荡漾。

Ripple in my heart.

软泥上的青荇,

The green algae on the soft mud,

油油的在水底招摇;

Gently sways beneath the water;

在康河的柔波里,

In the gentle waves of the Cam,

我甘心做一条水草!

I willingly become a strand of aquatic grass!

那榆荫下的一潭,

The pool under the elm shade,

不是清泉,是天上虹;

Is not a clear spring, but a rainbow from the sky;

揉碎在浮藻间,

Crushed among the floating algae,

沉淀着彩虹似的梦。

Is a dream that settles like a rainbow.

寻梦?撑一支长篙,

Searching for dreams? With a long pole,

向青草更青处漫溯;

I drift toward the greener grasses;

满载一船星辉,

Loaded with a boat full of starlight,

在星辉斑斓里放歌。

I sing in the shimmering starlight.

但我不能放歌,

But I cannot sing aloud,

悄悄是别离的笙箫;

Quiet is the flute of parting;

夏虫也为我沉默,

The summer insects also fall silent for me,

沉默是今晚的康桥!

Silence is tonight's Cambridge!

悄悄的我走了,

Gently I depart,

正如我悄悄的来;

Just as I came quietly;

我挥一挥衣袖,

I wave my sleeves,

不带走一片云彩。

Not taking a single cloud away.